Srednogorie Med Industrial Cluster is a non-profit organization, an initiative of large industrial enterprises in the region of Central Srednogorie: Assarel Medet, Aurubis Bulgaria, Ellatzite Med, Dundee Precious Metals Chelopech and Geotechmin.
The association integrates the companies which define the industrial character of the area of Central Srednogorie: basic industries of mining and processing of copper, gold-containing ores and copper concentrate, high -tech companies producing optical, optomechanical and optoelectronic device systems,companies serving the industrial productions; research and educational organizations, and local government representatives. Members of the organization are some of the largest corporate employers in the country, employing over 8,000 people.
Cluster members are: Assarel – Medet, Aurubis Bulgaria, Ellatzite – Med, Dundee Precious Metals Chelopech, Geotechmin, Air Liquide Bulgaria,Eurotest – Control, Energeo,Optix Co, Opticoelectron Group, University of mining and geology “St.IvanRilski”, Municipality of Anton,Municipality of Chelopech, Municipality of Chavdar, Municipality of Panagyurishte, Municipality of Pirdop, Municipality of Mirkovo, Municipality of Strelcha, Municipality of Zlatica.
The organization centres on the cooperation of interests and abilities of its members, its goal being the improvement of the competitiveness and potential of the regional economy.
The members cooperate with each other and with the local authorities for the sustainable development of the region. They achieve synergy through technological interchange of materials, raw materials and manufacturing of by-products and services. They share common opportunities for development of human resources, scientific research, promotion of products and services and attraction of investments.
- Increase the competitiveness of the industrial sector in the Central Srednogorie region.
- Sustainable development and environmental protection in accordance with national and regional priorities;
- Improvement of technical and social infrastructure in the region;
- Elevate the quality of life and living standards of the local population;
- Technological innovation and implementation of innovations;
- Increase energy efficiency;
- Better the the working conditions in the enterprises participating in the cluster network;
- Improvement of the system for enhancing the qualification and education of the staff for the needs of the cluster network;
- Realization of other projects of mutual interest.
phone+359 88 766 0422; +359 87 994 8478
address1700 Sofia, "Prof. Boyan Kamenov" Str. UMG "St. Ivan Rilski", Rectorat Building, fl. 3, office 94
web page www.srednogorie.eu